The Crown Duel books
Crown Duel is set in a world called Sartorias-deles.
Here is a map of Remalna, the tiny country where
Crown Duel takes place.
I have been writing about S-d since I was a
kid, so there are a lot of stories. In the modern timeline, so far, most are
middle grade or YA, because I was young and writing from the kid's eye view.
Here is how the stories fit together:
- When I was eight I started writing
CJ's First Notebook: Over the Sea.
The gang of girls had an underground hideout! They weren't rescued by boys when they adventured!
They didn't have to grow up! Others are
Mearsies Heili Bounces Back Poor World (the girls are captured by a villain who wants to take over
the world!), and Hunt Across Worlds. (Other kids join the girls.)
There is also a CJ segment in Senrid,
about the boy king who starts out as a villain.
- Vidanric of Crown Duel has his own story,
A Stranger to Command. Vidanric meets Senrid there.
- At the other end of the continent are The Spy Princess (Viking, Summer 2012)
- These three strands culminate in
Written when I was an older teen:
- Us Against Them, Fire Jive, and Dark Side of the Sun, set when the kids I wrote about were teens (villains as well as heroes)
- The romances, Crown Duel, The Trouble With Kings, Sasharia En Garde,
and Now Serves an Old Creed
Written as an adult, but about teens:
- Two longish stories about Vidanric's and Mel's kids--"Beauty", with Elestra, and "Court Ship," with Raec--are published together in
Remalna's Children. There is also a story
in The Feathered Edge.
There will be more about them as a family in . . .
Written as an adult for older readers:
- The characters I've been following all my life come of age as war hits in Ship Without Sails
- The historical ones, that is, Inda and Banner of the Damned
- Here is a chart.
Some have asked me about fan language.
Lots of information garnered from questions posed on the Yahoo discussion group of Crown Duel, Colorwoods.